1. The above image is a pair of boots that I drew on for a friend of mine- I love that she loved them so much that she wore them around everywhere and in the snow.
2. I am so excited about starting graduate school; I think of it everyday. This Friday I am going to the school to register for classes and get my ID and I am COMPLETELY EXCITED about that!!
2. b. When I think about the private studio I will have for two years at graduate school... I get even more excited.
2. c. When I think of the art books I will soon have access to and of a printmaking shop and of being both a student and a teacher... I am thrilled!!
3. In 8 days I will be going on a vacation and I will have TWO weeks of a rest from therapy!! I am very excited about that. I will be surrounded by the people I love most.
4. I love that I am drawing everyday. When I first started my therapy and before I started talking about having been raped and for so long- I was hardly able to make my art or take care of myself- now I am doing both of those things and I am getting better everyday. I continue to make more art and am taking better care of myself. So... YES TO TELLING THE TRUTH!!
I wanted to say one other thing about real love: When I was growing up and being abused- I was told that I should not tell anyone about the abuse. I was told that I would not tell if I really loved the person who was hurting me. It has taken me a long time to know and understand that if someone really loves you: they do not ask you to hide or lie or cover your pain.
Here is one more thing I really love: Eve and I have been talking a lot and helping each other more and more each day. And recently I have noticed that every time we go to say goodbye to one another on the phone we always say, "I love you." Every time. And I love it. I did not grow up with much affection in my life at all and so it gives me a deep feeling of joy to have such a great friendship and to be so close to someone as wonderful as Eve. And it really is true- I can live without my original family. It took me years to come to know and accept this: I can pick new people to be my family. And I have. And they are an amazing group of people.
I want to end this post with a photo I love; me and Christopher. We took this picture a few weeks after we met. He is wonderful. And everyday- as in this photo- he literally puts a smile onto my face. And I surely do love that. :-)
Yes to Love!!